App Alert: PIX11 News gets a new look

Dozens of children hospitalized after inhaling gas fumes at NJ day care center

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

daycare gas

POMPTON PLAINS, N.J.  (PIX11) –- Children at a New Jersey day-care center had a bit of a scare Monday after they were rushed to the hospital for inhaling gas fumes.

It happened at the So Big Child Development Center in Pompton Plains on Route 23.

Officials say 34 children and two adults were treated at nearby hospitals after complaining of feeling nauseous.

Officials believe the fumes originated from equipment being used at the building.

No serious or life-threatening injuries were reported.

AlertMe
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.